- To order a training Toolbox, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (810) 220-1076
- Improving MI Practices
- Providing Residential Services in Community Settings
- Detroit Wayne Training Resources
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Training Classes
You are required by the state of Michigan to take an annual rights training course. We have established quarterly walk-in training fairs where you can obtain your training in about an hour. You DO NOT need to reserve a spot for this training. The Recipient Rights walk-in training goes from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm in the Lew Boyd room and the Kool Family Center.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Recipient Rights walk-in fairs will be cancelled until further notice. Please keep an eye out for email updates.
The State of Michigan requires that all staff, including Summit Pointe employees/contractors, external providers, and respite providers guardians, attend Recipient Rights training within the first 30 days of hire. We continue to hold these trainings for new hires and for annual renewal every other Tuesday at 10am via Zoom video conference.
- You must register for a class beforehand to receive the Zoom link.
- You are required to have a camera working either on a phone, tablet or computer. If you are unable to do this, you must have special accommodations made before the training starts.
- If you are using a classroom setting and having multiple persons utilizing the same screen/camera, you will still need to register each participant.
- After the class, an assignment will be issued and must be completed. If you fail to complete the assignment, you WILL NOT RECEIVE A CERIFICATE and will have to retake the class.
- Certificates will be issued on Friday after the class (unless a holiday). So the assignment needs to be completed before that to get credit. Again, if you fail to do the assignment (in a timely manner) you will have to retake the class.
Please email Tara McKernan at email@example.com to reserve a spot. Include your name, email address, who you work for, and which training date you will be attending:
|January 5th, 2021||January 19th, 2021||February 2nd, 2021||February 16th, 2021||March 2nd, 2021|
|March 16th, 2021||March 30th, 2021||April 13th, 2021||April 27th, 2021||May 11th, 2021|
|May 25th, 2021||June 8th, 2021||June 22nd, 2021||July 6th, 2021||July 20th, 2021|
|August 3rd, 2021||August 17th, 2021||August 31st, 2021||September 14th, 2021||September 28th, 2021|
|October 12th, 2021||October 26th, 2021||November 9th, 2021||November 23rd, 2021||December 7th, 2021|
|December 21st, 2021|
In order to remain compliant with the MDHHS-ORR training standard, the Summit Pointe Office of Recipient Rights will be requesting training data annually. At the end of FY21, you will be asked for submit the names, hire dates, and dates of initial RR training for any staff hired between now and then. The spreadsheet you will use to organize that information is linked below. We recommend that you start keeping the log now and keep it updated throughout the year.