Intensive Outpatient Program
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed for individuals with a substance use disorder who require more than weekly counseling and less than residential care. The program provides monitoring several times a week in a supportive group setting. The group meets four times a week, from 9am-noon, for three hours. Participants attend for 12 to 16 weeks.
This level of care is appropriate for those who are experiencing high stress life circumstances that make it more difficult to cope with urges and cravings to use substances, who have not been able to stabilize their substance use in a traditional outpatient setting.
IOP is for individuals who are able and willing to commit to a structured program requiring regular attendance and active participation. We understand each person in this program comes with very diverse issues and problems, and we are sensitive to everyone’s needs, personality, communication style, readiness to change and personal preferences. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan that takes into consideration these preferences within the structure and guidelines of the outpatient addiction program.
Our IOP staff is highly experienced. Therapists have expertise in both mental health and substance use disorders.
- Intake assessment and evaluation
- Individualized plan of care
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family involvement
- Continuing care planning and referral
- Recovery coaching
Skills you will work on in IOP:
1) Creating daily schedules that identify plans to recovery and sobriety
2) Identifying Triggers.
3) Identifying High Risk Situations for substance use.
4) Identifying Coping Skills.
5) Utilizing Coping Skills.
6) Identifying safe people for recovery.
7) Changing Behavior.
8) Challenging Automatic Thoughts.
9) Creating Awareness of feelings.
10) Link with resources in the community.
11) Track past use and relapse in order to find patterns.
12) Involving natural support systems to educate on biology of addiction, and impact of addiction on family, relationships and systems.
(We will do our best not to overwhelm you with information and provide a supportive environment in your path to recovery)
Resources For Current IOP Customers