- To order a training Toolbox, email email@example.com or call (810) 220-1076
- Improving MI Practices
- Providing Residential Services in Community Settings
- Detroit Wayne Training Resources
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Training Classes
You are required by the state of Michigan to take an annual rights training course. We have established quarterly walk-in training fairs where you can obtain your training in about an hour. You DO NOT need to reserve a spot for this training. The Recipient Rights walk-in training goes from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm in the Lew Boyd room and the Kool Family Center.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Recipient Rights walk-in fairs will be cancelled until further notice. Please keep an eye out for email updates.
The State of Michigan requires that all staff, including Summit Pointe employees/contractors, external providers, and respite providers guardians, attend Recipient Rights training within the first 30 days of hire. We continue to hold these trainings for new hires and for annual renewal every other Tuesday at 10am via Zoom video conference.
- You must register for a class beforehand to receive the Zoom link.
- You are required to have a camera working either on a phone, tablet or computer. If you are unable to do this, you must have special accommodations made before the training starts.
- If you are using a classroom setting and having multiple persons utilizing the same screen/camera, you will still need to register each participant.
- After the class, an assignment will be issued and must be completed. If you fail to complete the assignment, you WILL NOT RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE and will have to retake the class.
- Certificates will be issued on Friday after the class (unless a holiday). So the assignment needs to be completed before that to get credit. Again, if you fail to do the assignment (in a timely manner) you will have to retake the class.
Please email Tara McKernan at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. Include your name, email address, who you work for, and which training date you will be attending:
January 5th, 2021
January 19th, 2021
February 2nd, 2021
February 16th, 2021
March 2nd, 2021
March 16th, 2021
March 30th, 2021
April 13th, 2021
April 27th, 2021
May 11th, 2021
May 25th, 2021
June 8th, 2021
June 22nd, 2021
July 6th, 2021
July 20th, 2021
August 3rd, 2021
August 17th, 2021
August 31st, 2021
September 14th, 2021
September 28th, 2021
October 12th, 2021
October 26th, 2021
November 9th, 2021
November 23rd, 2021
December 7th, 2021
December 21st, 2021
In order to remain compliant with the MDHHS-ORR training standard, the Summit Pointe Office of Recipient Rights will be requesting training data annually. At the end of FY21, you will be asked for submit the names, hire dates, and dates of initial RR training for any staff hired between now and then. The spreadsheet you will use to organize that information is linked below. We recommend that you start keeping the log now and keep it updated throughout the year.